The Norwin Lady Knights advanced to the quarterfinals of the WPIAL 6A Championship Tournament with a 52-26 win over Butler Tuesday evening. Click here for a recap of that contest.
With the win the #5 Lady Knights will take on #4 Mt. Lebanon on Friday, February 24th at 6:30pm at Baldwin High School. Please take note of a few important items below:
- The winner of this game will advance to play the winner of #1 North Allegheny and #8 Hempfield in the semifinal round to be held on Tuesday, February 28th at a site and time to be determined.
- Pre-sale tickets are on sale to the general public in the athletic office every weekday from 2:30pm-3:30pm (students may purchase tickets during the school day)
- Pre-sale ticket prices are:
- Adults – $7.00
- Students – $5.00
- NO STUDENT TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE GATE – all tickets sold at the gate will be $7.00
- ALL FANS IN ATTENDANCE MUST WEAR FULL LENGTH SHIRTS AT ALL TIMES AND CANNOT HAVE THEIR FACES COVERED WITH EITHER A MASK OR PAINT.
- Persons under the influence or possessing alcohol or drugs will not be admitted and will be removed from the game if discovered later. Weapons (e.g. – firearms, knives, cutting instruments, bats, and clubs) may not be possessed at WPIAL tournament games. Persons entering the game are subject to inspection for weapons, drugs, or alcohol. Persons in possession of drugs, alcohol, or weapons will be required to leave the facility and will be subject to appropriate action by security personnel and school officials.
- The following items are not permitted at any WPIAL basketball tournament venues: backpacks, coolers, large purses, thermoses, cans, bottles, flasks, alcoholic beverages, laser pointers, laser lights, sirens, whistles, artificial noisemakers, large sized radios (boom boxes), duffle bags, tote bags, strollers, banners, video and movie cameras, cameras with attachable lenses, tripods, weapons, and any other item that may pose a security risk to players, participants or fans. No stick-held pompoms or any other items on the ends of sticks are permitted. The appropriate principal shall confiscate such articles. Principals are asked to announce these regulations to their followers and emphasize it so no embarrassment is caused the night of the game. Principals will be asked by the game management to enforce these regulations.
- Obscene and vulgar cheers and the throwing of objects to the playing floor will not be tolerated. The principal and/or his designee will be responsible for the control of this behavior.